ARTICLE 1: GENERAL
- These General Terms and Conditions apply to all offers, arrangements, reservations and agreements with regard to the cabins, which are rented to guests by Cabin Company IE, registered as a limited company under Irish Law with company number 684867 and VAT IE3938538IH, with an address at Mill House, 10 Mill Street, Galway, Ireland.
- In the interest of clarity Cabin Company IE LTD can be described as ‘Slow Cabins®’ ‘we’ or ‘us’ throughout this agreement.
Throughout these General Terms and Conditions, the following definitions apply:
- Lessor: Slow Cabins®
- Cabin Company IE LTD can be described as ‘Slow Cabins®’ ‘we’ or ‘us’ throughout this agreement.
- Guest: the person and/or other named guests or unnamed guests who enter into an agreement with Slow Cabins® regarding the rental/use/lease of a cabin.
Agreements deviating from these General Terms and Conditions are only valid if agreed in writing with the lessor.
Slow Cabins® reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. In doing so, the rights and claims of the customer are appropriately taken into account.
ARTICLE 2: RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF SLOW CABINS®
- Slow Cabins® are self-catering off-grid accommodation with autonomous check-in and check out. While the site owner, if present, will often be happy to help, they bare no responsibility for any queries, questions or concerns a Guest may have regarding to the cabins or site. Please see Slow Cabins® contact details below.
- Slow Cabins® promises to deliver the cabin to the Guest clean and in good condition at the agreed time.
- The Lessor may enter the cabin at any reasonable time to verify that the Guest is complying with the terms and conditions and house instructions. In particular for urgent maintenance or technical inspections, the lessor can always, after informing the Guest, take the necessary actions in the cabin.
- The lessor is not liable for: damage or injury arising as a result of staying in the cabin, on the adjacent grounds or due to the use of the facilities available on his grounds; claims for damages arising from nuisance caused by third parties; information provided verbally or by telephone; breakdown or out of use of facilities or facilities as well as technical failures. All this without prejudice to mandatory legal provisions.
- The lessor is not liable for theft or damage to the Guests property.
- Lessor is entitled to dissolve the reservation without notice of default or intervention of the court being required;
- if we have not received the full rent at the start of the rental period or the applicable payment terms have
- deemed not to have been respected by the Guest
- if the Guest has not fulfilled their obligations as laid down in these conditions
ARTICLE 3: RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE GUEST
- An agreement has been concluded between the Guest and the Slow Cabins® when we have confirmed the reservation with the Guest and full payment has been made.
- The Guest is deemed to have accepted the rented cabin with all inventory present and without damage, unless they have reported damage or malfunctioning appliances to Slow Cabins® on the day of arrival.
- The Guest may not hand over the cabin to third parties for use, nor allow more people to spend the night in it than agreed at the time of the reservation, unless with written permission from Slow Cabins®. The Guest may not invite visitors other than those named on the booking without prior permission.
- The Guest will only use the rented property as an overnight or meeting space and in particular will not engage in any activities in it that is contrary to public order or decent public morals and Irish law.
- The Guests will keep the self catering cabin neat and clean throughout the duration of their stay, whereby they immediately report any damage caused by their actions or negligence to the holiday home, the furnishings, household effects or otherwise and – in consultation with the lessor – compensate. This also applies to the loss of any part of the rented property, the furnishings or the household effects.
- Guests should avoid disturbing wildlife and livestock, giving appropriate space and consideration. This means, among other things, that: no decorations are applied or (party) tents are placed without prior permission; outdoor sound equipment is not audible to other Guests and strictly forbidden after 10pm. Outdoor cooking fires are strictly limited to dedicated areas outside your cabin. Actions of the Guest should not pose a threat or danger to yourself, your fellow guests or cabins.
- The Guest will ensure that the cabin is left tidy and ‘broom clean’ (dishes tidy in the cupboard; furniture in their original place; floor swept clean; garbage bag, glass and paper in corresponding sorting bins). In the event of default, the Guest will be notified within one week with potential for additional charges, which can be applied at anytime. The actual additional costs for clearing and cleaning and the administration costs might then be charged.
- Guests take care of the materials in and around the cabin. If the Guest causes damage to the cabin, the immediate surroundings and/or accessories in or around the house, the Guest will inform us within a week of departure. Depending on the seriousness and type of damage, Slow Cabins® will draw up a damage file within 2 weeks of receipt and send a proposal to the Guest to compensate for the damage actually suffered. Slow Cabins® can charge an administration fee of €50 for each damage file on top of the effective repair or replacement costs, which will be communicated transparently and clearly to the Guest. The (intentional) failure to report damage could result in civil and criminal consequences for the Guest. By mutual agreement, damage files are either handled directly between the Guest and Slow Cabins® or passed on to professional insurance bodies for further processing.
- We love furry friends and you can bring yours (a maximum of 1) along for a small cleaning fee if we have an available pet cabin. Be sure to stay with your dog at all times, keep them on a short leash when outdoors and always clean up after them. We ask that you do not leave them inside the tiny house alone if you leave the area. All dog waste must be cleaned up. Slow Cabins® can charge an administration fee of €50 for each damage file on top of the effective repair or replacement costs, which will be communicated transparently and clearly to the Guest.
- Guests are not allowed to drive a motorbike or car on areas other than those clearly identified. Parking is only allowed in the areas specified on site and Slow Cabins® nor the site owner can take any responsibility for damage, lost or theft to their mode of transport. Slow Cabins reserves the right to charge an administration fee of €50 in addition to the cost of repairing any damage to the site if damage occurs.
- The Guest ensures that the house rules that are visible in the house are observed.
- The Guest is responsible for the fulfillment of all obligations arising from the reservation and the stay, both of the Guest, other guests and any visitors. The Guest is therefore liable for damage and nuisance caused.
- The Guest can occupy the cabin on the arrival date from 3 p.m. and will have to vacate the cabin before 10 a.m. on the departure date. In the event of departure at a later date, the Guest must inform Slow Cabins® well in advance and possibly pay an additional rental amount for ‘late check out / early check in’. Late departure possibility is not guaranteed.
ARTICLE 4: COMPLAINTS
- If you have a question and/or comment during your stay, please contact Slow Cabins® by telephone on 00 (+) 353 89 617 8914 as well as email@example.com. If there is no answer, please leave a message on voicemail. The lessor will try to answer promptly and, where possible, provide a suitable solution. If you are not satisfied with the performance delivered by Slow Cabins®, you can submit your questions and/or comments in writing to Slow Cabins®, 1O Mill Street, H91 E78P Galway, up to 14 days after departure from the cabin.
ARTICLE 5: PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION CONDITIONS
- Payment is made immediately upon reservation of the cabin. If the Slow Cabins® has not received payment within the invoice payment due date of 10 days after sending, then we may cancel the reservation.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel the reservation after payment, they can do so. To remedy the issue Slow Cabins® will try to find an alternative date for the Guest at the Guest’s request where possible, however it is suggested the Guest has travel insurance measures in place. Please refer to Article 7 for cancellation conditions.
- In the absence of payment in accordance with the above, the lessor can deny the Guest the use of the cabin.
- Purchased vouchers automatically expire 5 years after date of purchase in line with Irish law.
ARTICLE 6: CHANGE CONDITIONS
- If the Guest wishes to change the cabin or the period of an existing reservation for whatever reason, Slow Cabins®, where possible, will try and accommodate this where circumstances permit.
These change costs can amount to:
- In case of changes more than 14 days before the arrival date: one-time extra administration costs of EUR 40;
- In the event of a change within 14 days before the arrival date: 50% of the initially agreed rental price
ARTICLE 7: CANCELLATION POLICY
If the Guest cancels a rental agreement for whatever reason, Slow Cabins® cannot be held responsible for a refund;
Slow Cabins® advises the Guest to take out their own travel insurance if the cancellation takes place as a result of a number of determined uncertain events. (see conditions cancellation insurance Guest).
Cancellation charge as % of total cost of your break are as follows:
- More than 12 weeks – 30%
- within 12 weeks – 50%
- within 8 weeks – 75%
- within 4 weeks- 100%
If Slow Cabins® has to cancel the stay due to force majeure (unforeseen event / impossible to honour the rental agreement), the stay will be canceled by Slow Cabins® free of charge and converted into a voucher code for the Guest. The Guest can convert this code into a new booking at a later time – after the force majeure situation has concluded. The voucher code must be activated within 1 year after the termination of the force majeure occurrence.